MOT in Kempston
Are you in need of an MOT in Kempston, Bedford or the surrounding area then get in touch with ARV Mobile Mechanic and let us sort the MOT for you
What is an MOT test?
The MOT is a legal requirement in the UK for any vehicle 3 years old or older. The penalty for driving without an MOT is a fine of up to £1000.
Introduced in the UK in 1960 the MOT test was originally a basic test that included brakes, lights and steering and was carried out after the vehicle was ten years old and then annually. Since then the test has expanded to include more items and now includes amongst other items:
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Steering (including suspension)
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Drivers View of the Road
- Emission control equipment
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc Fog Lamps & reversing Lights)
- Noise suppression material
- Seat belts
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Undertray security
If you have any questions about the MOT please call ARV Mobile Mechanic in Kempston on 07841 615048 or use our contact form.